Having a Distance Reiki Session can be just as effective as experiencing one in person. Some of my clients who have tried both say they prefer the distance sessions because they were less distracted by the physical touch and the unfamiliar sounds from the outside environment. If you are considering having a Distance Reiki Session, here are a few steps you can take to get the most from your session.
The Reiki energy “works” regardless of where you are located since it transcends time and physical space. Having a session in the comfort of your own home can often times be more relaxing than spending hours in California traffic to get to my office!
Wherever you are in the world, you can follow these steps to help you prepare to receive the healing energy.
- Choose a room that has a comfortable place to lay down. I generally recommend the couch or a yoga mat on the floor with blankets. You could choose your bed, but the tendency may be to fall asleep since that is what you are used to doing in that space! You want it to be a place where you feel comfortable, relaxed, safe, and free from distraction.
- Use White Sage or Palo Santo to clear the energy in your space. Light the bundle or piece of wood until it catches a flame. Quickly extinguish the flame and motion the smoke counterclockwise throughout the room. You may want to have a window cracked for this part!
- Have any crystals or items that you feel connected nearby. Crystals are beautiful gifts from the Earth that support us by holding different vibrations. If you don’t have any crystals, you can use any object that you feel spiritually connected to (think candles, jewelry, small statues, pictures…)
- Have your phone with earbuds or headphones ready. That way when I call you won’t be scrambling to find them!
- Begin following your breath. Any time I enter into meditation, I inhale and exhale through my nose. For me, this starts to draw my focus inward.
I hope these steps are helpful in preparing for your Distance Reiki Session! I look forward to holding space for you soon.