Have you heard your Reiki practitioner, massage therapist, or yoga instructor use the word “chakra,” but are unsure what she is talking about? Read on to discover what these 7 main energy centers are and how they play a role in your life.
The chakras affect our health and well being. They take the universal life energy, or “Ki,” that is always around us and transform it into various frequencies our subtle energy system needs to keep us healthy. Our Root Chakra brings in the lower frequencies that are necessary for physical survival, while our Crown Chakra brings in the spiritual levels of energy that connect us to the Universe.
When we think negative thoughts or have negative feelings, their energy and vibration can become stored in the chakras. This reduces the amount of subtle energy they are able to provide, which can adversely affect ones health and well being. When you receive a Reiki Healing Session, the blockages in these subtle energy channels start to dissolve.
Here is a brief guide into the 7 main energy centers of the body.
1. Root Chakra- Muladhara
- Represents – Connection to the energy of the Earth, Grounding, Presence, Feeling safe in the physical reality, Self preservation
- Imbalances – Insecurity, Fear, Anger
- Location – The end of the spine, between the anus and sexual organs
- Color – Red
- Sound – Lam
- Element – Earth
- Affirmation – I am connected to the energy of Mother Earth. My body, mind, and spirit are grounded, centered, and purified.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Hematite, Obsidian, Tiger’s Eye, Jasper, Garnet, Ruby
- Essential Oil – Sandalwood, Patchouli, Myrrh, Cedarwood
2. Sacral Chakra- Svadisthana
- Represents – Creativity, Sexuality, Freedom, Joy, Playfulness
- Imbalances – Sexual Problems, Creative blocks, Addiction, Guilt
- Location – Just below the navel, the sexual organs
- Color – Orange
- Sound – Vam
- Element – Water
- Affirmation – I love all dimensions of myself. I delight in weaving the creative tapestry that is my life.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Fire Opal
- Essential Oil – Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Manipura
- Represents – Personal Power, Inner Strength, Confidence, Balanced emotions
- Imbalances – Fear, Shame, Anger, Over-powering
- Location – Between the breast bone and the navel
- Color – Yellow
- Sound – Ram
- Element – Fire
- Affirmation – I am strong and confident in my truth. I am connected to the abundant flow of the Universe and easily manifest my dreams.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Citrine, Pyrite, Aragonite
- Essential Oil – Sage, Juniper, Geranium
4. Heart Chakra- Anahata
- Represents – Love, Relationships, the ability to receive Love, Self Love, Compassion
- Imbalances – Closed to meeting new people, wanting to isolate oneself, Saddness, Grief, Attachment
- Location – Center of the chest
- Color – Green or Pink
- Sound – Yam
- Element – Air
- Affirmation – My heart is open to receive the energy of love. I radiate this essence. I walk my path with ease and grace.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Rose Quartz, Seraphinite, Malachite, Emerald
- Essential Oil – Rose, Melissa, Neroli
5. Throat Chakra- Vishuddha
- Represents – Clear, honest, and loving communication, being able to communicate your deepest feelings
- Imbalances – Keeping your true feelings inside, Lying, Harsh language, Yelling
- Location – Throat
- Color – Blue
- Sound – Ham
- Element – Ether
- Affirmation – I am aligned with my highest truth and communicate this with love and honor.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Turquoise, Celestite, Larimar, Aquamarine
- Essential Oil – Chamomile, Lavendar, Rosemary, Thyme
6. Third Eye Chakra- Ajna
- Represents – Your connection to your Higher Self, the ability to know yourself on a soul level, Intuition
- Imbalances – Feeling scattered, Lost Confused, Over-analyzing
- Location – Between the eyebrows
- Color – Indigo
- Sound – Om
- Element – Spirit
- Affirmation – My mind is open to new vision. I expand my awareness through my higher self.
- Crystals & Gemstones – Lapis lazuli, Amethyst, Iolite
- Essential Oil – Frankincense, Sandalwood
7. Crown Chakra- Sahasrara
- Represents – Connection to God, the Universe, or Spirit, Open mind, Open to connecting and hearing the messages the Universe has to share, Oneness
- Imbalances – Close-minded, Spiritually disconnected, separation from abundance & existence
- Location – Top of the head
- Color – Violet
- Sound – Om
- Element – Spirit
- Affirmation– I am connected to the Divine Source of the Universe. I am light. I trust.
- Crystals & Gemstones– Amethyst, Selenite, Clear Quartz, Diamond
- Essential Oil– Frankincense, Ylang-ylang, Rosewood, Linden
Have you experienced your chakras? Which ones have you healed and which are you currently working on? Comment below!